quickbooks setup
December 06, 2013 04:00PM
The company's fiscal year end is February 28, and the company had operated a long time, but never use accounting software. we just bought quickbooks in December, what time should we set as the beginning balance? we find it is so hard to retroact to February 28 this year.
somebody can help me?

thanks
Re: quickbooks setup
December 07, 2013 12:32AM
Hey Johnny be good,

You can setup the company’s fiscal year to February and begin your books which ever month you like. The fiscal year setup only helps when you generate reports like P&L or Balance Sheet.

If you choose not to go back you can enter November ending balance and begin from December this way you will be able to reconcile your books. Also you can always change your fiscal year end anytime from COMPANY --- COMPANY INFORMATION.
Hi,

I have created a lot of learning company files etc and I have a few client files.

I initially wanted to save all of the company files to the desktop for faster and easier retrieval.

I now have a problem. when I use the file open within the QBooks program, it does not find the
companies saved to the desktop, and I have files all over the place.

Is this the best and only way to keep company files using the subdirectory created by Quickbooks?

If one wants to do a quick back up of all client files to a flash drive, it would be nice to have them all in the same place, and perhaps at a higher level in the windows environment.

Can u advise me on Best Practices?

Thanks
David
Re: Putting Questions on the Board
August 06, 2015 02:49PM
Hi

I sent 2 questions on setup and neither question is on the board.

Perhaps - I do not know how to see if it is on the board

That is very possible - I enterred the questions in the setup block

Can u please help me and tell me how I can get access and possible contribute to this
forum.

Please send the response to my email at AOL.com

thanks.
David
Re: Company Files are not all in the default subdirectory
September 10, 2015 08:24PM
Hello David,

Exporting Customer Files from Customer Center is for external purposes.

For QuickBooks export/import, you must do it the same way as Chart of Accounts which is from FILE, UTILITIES, EXPORT, LIST TO IFF FILES
Re: Putting Questions on the Board
September 10, 2015 08:26PM
We moderate all questions and have to manually approve it before it goes up on the message board.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator