Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Quickbooks Forum

Beggining balance doesnt match

Posted by Marinaiv 
Beggining balance doesnt match
March 11, 2013 11:19PM
Hi, I undo reconciliation simce beggining balance does not match for the last 6 month of our bookeper's work. I indo reconciliation for the past six motnhs and still beggining balance isnt the same. After reading " why my beggining balance is off" as QB suggests, I did not find any descrepamcies. I also ram verify data and gave me a message thatt some Estimates migh be incorectly marked as closed or display incorrect invoiced quantities. How to fix this so my beggining balance matches my bank account? Thanks
Re: Beggining balance doesnt match
March 20, 2013 07:00AM
Hello

Unfortunately, you will have to go back to the point where it actually reconciled or post an entry to force adjust the account to reconcile.

Regarding the entry, there is no cookie cutter answer. You will just have to do your best educated guess.

If you are short on income, that becomes a bit easier.
If you are short on expenses, then do your best to figure out what expenses are most likely there.

Or you can even do a journal entry and through it against equity.

Hope this helps.
Gentleman,

The bank sent me a new card with a new number. I set up anew account in QB some time ago. Nothing was reconciled properly. Trying to fix all now. How do i record the starting balance at this point? It starting at 0.00 and i don't know how to enter the starting amount. Please help

Thank you in advance

Anthony
Re: Beggining balance doesnt match
March 18, 2016 04:28PM
Set up a new account for the new card. I usualy put the last 4 numbers behind the account name for easy clarification.

You don't set up a balance. If the balance is 0 just start downloading or entering transactions. Continue working to fix the other account and when you are sure it's OK make it inactive in the following year.
Author:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator