Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Quickbooks Forum

Deposits

Posted by Michael Davids 
Deposits
October 28, 2012 02:07AM
(Imported from our Old Forum) By Paul:

I invioce at the end of my jobs, but take deposits somtimes months ahead. How and where do i enter these.
Re: Deposits
October 28, 2012 02:07AM
I made a video for you.

[learnquickbooksfree.com]

Here is what to do in this case.

1. Go to Receive Payments and Record Deposit.
2. When Ready Create Invoice.
3. When any payment owed, go back to Receive Payments to record the balance.
4. Apply the credits towards the payment.
April 27, 2013 05:26AM
I have quickbooks 2012/13, the propblem i have is that my deposits are not showing n the checking account but only the tax amounts are showing. Can anyone help with this, I've been trying to solve it for the last 2 months to no avail.Thank you
May 01, 2013 05:22AM
Hello Mike,

First search for the deposit by clicking Edit; Find, choose Amount, click the = and put the amount in. Click Find and see if it shows up.

Then double click the deposit to see what is going on. If it is a payment, the payments might be going to Undeposited funds.

You need to complete a payment by going to Make Deposits, click on the payment to be deposited, choose the correct banking account it is going to.

If it is a Sales Receipt you also need to go to Make Deposits, click on the "payment" amount and complete the deposit choosing the correct account and date of deposit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2013 05:23AM by Michael Davids. (view changes)
Lee
March 02, 2014 07:09AM
I am confused as to why I have to have an item for "customer deposit"
When initial payment can be done by "receiving payment"
The payment goes to "undeposited account"
In charts of account the "customer deposit" is left blank.
I've been watching videos of how to record initial customer payment
and this is the easiest to follow.
Should I delete my item "customer deposit" and in charts of account "customer deposit"
Thank you!
March 08, 2014 03:30AM
Both ways are correct. If you use the item called Customer Deposit it will show the payment on the invoice whereas receiving the payment in the Receive payments window will not. You can choose which way you want to do it and delete the Customer Deposit item and acount if you don't care if it shows on their invoice.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator